Interactive Improvisational Theater (IIT)
What is Interactive improv theater (IIT)?
What will participation in IIT do for me?
- Development of scenarios for use in presentations provides an opportunity to practice important life skills such as:
- Presentation of the scenarios develops one’s ability to think quickly, speak with confidence, consider the audience, and work as a team member.
Interactive improv theater as an instructional strategy
- Interpersonal skills -- working in teams, leading, negotiating, & working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Basic skills -- speaking, listening, reading & writing;
- Thinking skills -- thinking creatively, making decisions, solving problems, seeing things in the mind’s eye, considering the impact of the scenario on the audience, and reasoning.